Fran Jenkins, Sculptor
5252 Windsor Ave., Vancouver, BC, V5W 3H8
The following is only a sampling of Fran’s many projects and exhibitions:
- Marion Scott Gallery Vancouver, BC 1979-1984
- Images, Vancouver, BC 1984-1990
- Peter Ohler Fine Art, Calgary, AB 1989-1991
- Center St. Gallery, Jackson Hole, Wyoming 1993-2007
Whyte Museum, Banff, AB Group show, 2010
American National Wildlife Museum, Jackson Hole Wyoming.
- Life-size Loon, 100 lbs, stone
- Grizzly Bear, 750 lbs, stone
Grizzly Bear Square, Revelstoke, BC - completed in 1986
- 1.5 times life-size Bear and Cub in bronze.
- Grey Cup Awards 1975
- BC Provincial Governments 1980
- Manix Construction 2000
Fran managed the public art gallery in Osoyoos for 2 years in the early 1990’s. At this time she organized a retrospective of works by Joseph Plaskett.
Fran Jenkins spent many years in Revelstoke, BC, where she raised two children. She has a lifelong passion for both art and stone, and has been both prospector and working sculptor for over 40 years. She now lives in Vancouver, BC, where she continues to produce works of art. Fran was born in 1933 in Uncha Valley, BC, Canada.